Drugstore bronzers for pale skin: Physicians Formula butter bronzer vs Essence matte bronzing powder


Hi everyone,

Today I have really summery post. It is about bronzers and not just any but DRUGSTORE bronzers. I have very pale skin, so I need me some bronzers in the summer. And I absolutely love bronzers. Therefore, I decided to write about two cult drugstore bronzers and compare them. So, we have sun club matte bronzing powder from Essence (mine is in shade 01 natural) and Murumuru Butter Bronzer from Physicians Formula.




left:butter bronzer; right: essence mat bronzing powder

First let’s review the cheaper one from Essence. Mine is older packaging (they change packaging from  time to time). It is 4.99$ for 15g or 0.52 Oz. It comes in only two shades which is a big flow but keep in mind that this is extremely affordable brand. It is vegan and cruelty free. Comes in a plastic box and older version had this waves and palms on it but newer version has some kind of sun. It has coconut smell but it is not overwhelming and you will not smell it as much when it’s on your face. As name says, it is completely matte bronzer which is main difference compared to PF butter bronzer. It has nice soft texture and applies easily with any brush and you can easily build it up if you want. The pigmentation is good but it is not heavily pigmented which is important as you will not end up with too much product on your face. My shade is meant to be used on light skin. It has a little bit of orange color in it but just a dash and it will not give you crazy orange stripe on the face. Because of it’s matte finish and color, you can use it both for bronzing and contouring and also as an eyeshadow (I like to use it as my transition shade). My only complaints are shade range, it is not durable on the skin (it last about 4-5 hours on my skin) and also I noticed that after year and a half it becomes hard in the pan. I don’t know if that happens because if interacts with the air or with the oils from my skin from the brushes. Even though, the recommended use is 12 months after opening so that could be the reason but I don’t have the same problem with other products.






Price of the butter bronzer from Physicians Formula is 14.99$ for 11g or 0.38 Oz. but there is a discount on the iHerb where it is now 14.00 $ and you can also use my code: ALI3309 for an extra discount of 5%. It comes in 4 shades which is better than the Essence but still not enough shades in my opinion.It is cruelty free. Comes in a plastic box with this cute waves and you get a mirror and a useless applicator. It is infused  with Murumuru Butter and it contains essential fatty acids and pro-vitamins that soften, condition and moisturize skin which is awesome. It has distinctive smell, I literally felt it when it first arrived and was still in the box. Personally, I like the smell very much. It is mixture of coconut and chocolate. It just smells divine. This bronzer is literally like butter, it applies super easy and it is buildable. Compared to Essence bronzer it contains slight shimmer. But is not shimmer per se, it is more of a glow. It is very beautiful glow, you literally look like you just came back from vacation from Hawaii. Mine is in shade light bronzer and I remember when it first arrived and I swatched it, I was thinking: ‘’OMG this is too pale and shimmery. It is not going to show and it will be too shimmery. I have to use as a blush. Etc’’But, when I tried it I was SMITTEN with the results. It just gives this perfect look of a bronzed goddess and I had soo many compliments throw the time I am using this product. This bronzer is extremely durable on my oily skin. The only complaint is shade range.






Links:


Essence matte bronzing powder:


Do you like these bronzers? Which drugstore bronzer is your favorite?

XOXO

Коментари

Save on iHerb with me. Use code at the checkout: ALI3309

E-mail for business inquiries

rougeaddictblogger@yahoo.com

Disclaimer

All posts are my own opinions and they are not sponsored. They are 100% true and honest. Some links/banners are affiliate.